The Bushcraft course teaches students to thrive in an outdoor environment. This course is designed to introduce students to wilderness living and self-reliance beyond surviving. Students focus on building the skill set to make a camp comfortable and maximize its effectiveness while using the natural environment. We introduce students to alternative methods of camp craft within shelter building, fire making, water procurement, foraging and woodcrafts.
- NRS&B provides a shoulder bag or haversack kit. Students must provide a comfortable backpack with appropriate hipbelt for all other personal belongings.
- Clothing appropriate for any and all inclement weather conditions.
- Bushcraft courses are typically conducted at a stationary basecamp but students must still be prepared to travel on foot up to several miles over wooded and hilly WV terrain on and off trail. Therefore comfortable waterproof boots are essential and advised.
- Any food requirements for a full day. NRS&B provides NO lunch
- Student must provide water bottle, NRS&B will provide water bottle refills
- No axes
- Bug spray is advised.
- Minimum age restriction of 10. All students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.