Our premier course offering of Survival Instincts teaches the core concepts of fire craft, shelter building and water purification. Professional instructors will teach students the knowledge necessary to live through an unexpected short term emergency survival scenario. At New River Survival & Bushcraft, we provide students with a basic kit for use during the trip while practicing skills within a fun and energetic teach-emulate environment. Beyond the core concepts, the student can expect to touch on other subjects such as survival mindset and theory, first aid, navigation, rescue signaling and knife safety.
- NRS&B provides a shoulder bag or haversack kit. Students must provide a comfortable backpack with appropriate hipbelt for all other personal belongings.
- Clothing appropriate for any and all inclement weather conditions.
- Students must be prepared to travel on foot up to several miles over wooded and hilly WV terrain on and off trail. Therefore comfortable waterproof boots are essential and advised.
- Any food requirements for a full day should be provided by the student. NO lunch!
- Student must provide water bottle, NRS&B will provide water bottle refills
- No axes
- Bug spray is advised.
- Minimum age restriction of 10. All students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.